Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Want to See Some ID

or Johnny's Adventures with the Secret Service

It is the beginning of the second round of big snow 2010 and dad and I are at Silver Diner enjoying breakfast. I am happy to sip the hot coffee as I watch the snow blowing around outside, then Dad grins and begins a story I haven't heard before...

After spending part of the day hunting in the mountains, my dad Johnny, and his friend who we'll call BH, decide to go to DC. They take all their guns from BH's car and put them in Johnny's trunk, then hop in BH's car and head for the big city.

Once they are in DC, they end up behind a cab that isn't going fast enough for them, so BH goes around the cab then locks up the brakes as the car fills with the sound of their mischievous laughter. They mean no harm, just having fun with the cabbie. They go back and forth playing with the cabbie a while, passing each other and honking their horns, but eventually Johnny and BH lose interest and go on farther into the city, find a place to park, and hop out of the car.

The next thing they know, two big guys are throwing them against a wall. The men say they are Secret Service and Johnny and BH are suspected of planning to kill the president.
"I want to see some ID," Johnny demands, and the men pull out their badges as more men arrive with angry German Shepards straining at their collars, snarling at Johnny and BH.
One of the cops says, "We'd like permission to search your car."
BH says, "I'm not giving you permission to search the car!"
The cop gives BH a smug smile and says, "We can search it now, or you can wait for a warrant..."
"Okay, search it!" BH says, handing over the keys.
One of the suited fellas searching the car looks up at Johnny and growls, "I'd love to find a rifle in this car." But he does not find a rifle, only the boxes from the guns Johnny and BH wisely left in Johnny's car in the mountains.
***


Dad takes a sip of his coffee and says to me, "I think that cabbie got mad and called us in, said we were threatening the president."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment